Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"He's Got a Way" & a Judy Garland Sketch



He's Got a Way

How I long to be the girl
for a certain pair of eyes,
certain pari of hands.

Meet the beat of my heart
the reason I beam so.

He's got a way that makes
the angels heave a sigh.

Have you ever seen
such perfection?

From the moment I saw him
zing went my heartstrings.

by Margaret Bednar, originally written 9-22-2011

The above is written using lines from various songs Judy Garland sung over the years.  I am resurrecting an older post I did in 2011.  A video,  another poem, and a couple more drawings can be found HERE.

Below are some scenes from "The Pirate" and song "That Old Black Magic" which I have never seen
nor have I seen "Summer Stock".  I have some catching up to do!



Fast forward to 1:    This is truly a candid look at Judy.  He biggest flaw?  She didn't believe in herself, her beauty, her talent.   She bought into the Hollywood insanity, believed their image of what was ideal.   This did make me sad.

4 comments:

LadyCat said...

I really like this poem. And how clever to use parts of her lyrics. Judy garland is one of my favorites. And the sketch is such a great portrayal of her.

Sue Marrazzo said...

NICE tribute! She was so talented!

Corn Dena said...

beautiful sketch and beautiful dancer
arts

Sadami said...

Dear Margaret, thank u for warm cheers and a kind comment at my blog. Your blogs are very charming (*I really love horses!!! do ye know?) Your drawings are heart warming, which capture a mood well. Keep up wonderful work and make your family happy!!
Best wishes, kind regards, Sadami