Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Art Happens. A Beginning



Children are perfect artists. They are HAPPY when they are drawing and are PROUD of their work. My 7 year old daughter drew this picture.

Art Happens all around us.

Every day I see amazing images I want to draw or paint. I take many photographs, trying to capture a mood, a uniqueness. This blog is an attempt to help me reach my goal of growing in my artistic ability so that someday I will be able to express the beauty I see around me.

I have a sketchbook which has slowly, very slowly, been added to over the years. Twenty three years, to be exact.

I keep saying SOME DAY I will pursue art. Today is the start - I hope this blog will be that extra "push" that will help me stay on track. I am a beginner and I am my worst critic.

But, here I go.

1 comment:

Carol Blackburn said...

I'd say she is well on her way to making more spectacular art. Great job!